Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday's updates and 6 months old today

Eloise is 6 months old today! I can hardly believe it. Time has literally flown by. She's such a big girl! This week has been crazy so I apologize for missing yesterday with my posts. My blogging and my running went straight into the can this week. Lordie.  Work was crazy busy and for some reason I just couldn't pull it together. But today is the Monkey's birthday (and Corinna's birthday too - happy birthday Corinna!) and it's Friday so it's time to celebrate!

For our song of the week, here is Tonight by the New Kids on the Block. Oh yes, I went there. I totally remember Andrea and Chris (Hoss) totally getting into this hilarious song, blasting it on our nights out on the "town" in good ole Lakewood, NY. An oldie but a goodie. Cracks me up just listening to it. And since NKOTB are making a big come back, (aren't they touring again??) I thought I'd share a little today. Enjoy. Tonight, tonight.....la la la la la la tonight. Too funny!

Ok, back to our 6 month old Monkey. She's so much fun at this age. She's all giggles and hardly fussy or pulling out that fab. Eloise frown face of days past. Besides a pinch of stranger anxiety today at Target, I haven't seen that classic Eloise fuss face in weeks. The Monkey's new thing, as of yesterday, is screaming. And it's not because she's in pain or sad. It's just because. I was working away yesterday, the nanny had put Eloise down for a nap and the next thing I hear is this dreadful screaming coming from her room. It completely flipped me out. I come flying out of the room where I was working and there was the nanny outside of her room looking at the video monitor and she looks at me and tells me everything's fine. That apparently Eloise just screams now. For no reason other than to get our attention or to hear herself. She's proud of this new talent she has as well. She carried on and screamed in her crib for a good 15 minutes. When the nanny went into check on her, she was all smiles. Just cooing and screaming and smiling. What can I say? I guess at this age, babies start discovering new sounds they can make and our baby is into screaming. Craziness.

In addition to her newly found screaming talent, the Monkey is now also into fake coughing. Yes, I sized this up a few too many times making sure she was OK and each time, she's just fine. She'll ah hah, hah, hah, then me a smile and then a few more ah hah hah hahs. Add this to the list of new noises the Monkey can make. Too funny. I guess another attention getting tactic. Isn't that what they do when they are like 2?? I guess not. She's got me hook line and sinker on each of these tactics. Craziness again!

Tonight we are having a pizza party to celebrate Eloise's 6 month birthday. Well, I guess Mike, my Mom and I are going to be the ones enjoying the pizza but the Monkey will have pizza maybe tomorrow. TMI? Lol! I'm still breastfeeding and I'm going to keep on going. She has her 6 month Drs appt on Monday morning so this is when they'll talk to me about starting her on solids. I've already purchased her rice cereal so we'll be giving this a whirl on Monday when we get home. Starting solids. Wow. Another milestone for the Monkey. Meanwhile from what I've heard, rice cereal is mixed with so much breast milk (or water or formula - whatever you choose) that it's a soupy mess anyway so I'm not sure this should really be qualified as a "solid" but that's what they call it so "solid" it is. And I read somewhere that rice cereal makes babies constipated. Agh. Let's hope not.

Speaking of BMs - we're in Target today and the Monkey seriously filled her drawers. I know, some day she'll read this blog and want to kill me. But we were in the shoe section (I had to take one quick peek) and all of a sudden, over the raucous of holiday shoppers, I hear the Monkey doing you know what. And she was psyched. Big smiles and laughter as she just kept on going and going and going.  Luckily we were on our way out. We scurry up to the checkout line where the woman behind the counter says, "so, you're still breastfeeding?"  (I had to purchase "pump and save" freezer bags.) Um...yes, I respond. She said it kind of loud, and really, I don't care if someone asks me this. I'm certainly not embarrassed. If anything, I'm proud of myself for still breastfeeding. I never thought I'd make it this long. But, I'll tell you, you should have seen the face on the maybe 65 year old guy checking out next to me. Priceless. Target was quite an adventure for the Vail girls today.

For pictures today, we start out with a post-bath pic from this morning. I wanted to show how long her hair is getting. I had to give it a good rub with the towel to get this awesome spike. Then we have some of our standard "birthday orange chair" pics. I also have a video of the Monkey sitting up like a big girl in the same chair. Click here. The last pics are with the Monkey modeling our new corner desk and rug. We're actually buying some furniture around here, folks. So awesome!

Have a great weekend and happy birthday Corinna!









0 comments: