Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mom-wear

I have a sad confession - 6 months into this mom gig and I'm already sporting Mom-wear. I was never much of a fashionista to begin with but now things are really bad. I've graduated from my standard uniform (jeans, a white shirt, and cute shoes) to pjs or running clothes and if I do get dressed at all, it's generally in an outfit that can withstand hours of repeated spit up. Living the dream, I tell ya. (more on spit up later.)

Well this weekend, I have a couple of fun nights planned and truly, I have nothing to wear. I can't remember the last time I actually bought clothes for myself. I'm WAY over due for an "Allison only shopping trip." So today instead of working while the baby whisperer was here, I went to find myself some new clothes. Of course this was after a much needed call to Andrea, my very hip, extremely fashion forward friend, to ask her what I should buy. Somehow, although she is a stay-at-home-mom herself, she's really kept it together in the wardrobe arena. I kid you not if she said as soon as I asked her for help...."ok, what's your budget because JCrew is having a great sale right now and Banana has a really cute sweater dress that you need. I just got one and it'd look great on you with tall boots and Spanx tights." One 5 minute conversation later, and I've got both nights planned and her sweet little Brody was delivered to preschool. Perfect.

Shopping today was fruitful. I didn't find something for both nights (and I will admit, a few items are going back) but all in all, I did get some good stuff and I'm excited to finally be sporting some new, cute clothes (and shoes!). It's amazing what a new costume can do to cheer a girl up. Having wardrobe blues is no fun. Anyway, I need to rein in this Mom-wear funk I'm in. I refuse to become so selfless that I lose myself in a sea of holiday sweaters and Mom-jeans. Agh! The thought kills me. I do have some vanity left. I know I do!

Ok, I do need to post an update on the Monkey and not take this entire post hostage due to my own wardrobe panic attack. The rice cereal came out of Eloise as fast as it went in. For some reason, she's been spitting up like a maniac the last 3 days and so I'm attributing it all to the rice cereal we're feeding her (the only thing that's changed in her life). I'm off to the store tomorrow to check out other brands or to switch her to oatmeal or some other kind of baby cereal. The amount of spit up coming out of her is seriously unreal. Today, I was sitting right next to her, turn my head literally for one second, turn back and I've got Eloise swimming in a puddle of her own vomit. That's my girl. And Mike and I just watched "Four Christmases" the other day. The spit up scene in there will gag you more than Vince Vaughn. But when it's your own baby?? (Eloise had a similar incident in the kitchen, and then in the living room, and then in the....)  She had a total of 7 costume changes yesterday and another 6 today. That means Mommy is calling the pediatrician tomorrow and going shopping for some new cereal. My washing machine is on overdrive right now. Wow.

For pics today, we have the Monkey in some snuggley "faux fur" pants that are so comfy cute. If they made them in adult size, I'd be sporting them too! And no, I'm not trying to tempt myself back into the Mom-wear pjs again. I swear.





0 comments: