We had a great time in Asheville celebrating my Mom's birthday and Mike was an excellent Mr. Mom here in CLT. The Asheville crew toured the Biltmore and then we enjoyed a fun evening downtown with dinner and drinks. The Charlotte crew had Daddy-Daughter time here at the house and only left long enough to retrieve the newspapers from the yard. I guess it was cold here this weekend. (this is what Mike is telling me right now as I type. I thought it was supposed to be nice in CLT this weekend?? hmmmm...... lol!)
The Biltmore is as massive as it is impressive. I've toured it a few times before and wanted to take my Mom and brother there because I knew they'd really enjoy it. Mike hooked us up with some Hilton Honors points and one free hotel later (the perks of a traveling husband.), and we're enjoying a really fun weekend in Asheville. Thanks, Honey!
Mike and I have said a million times before - if we could get jobs in Asheville, we would totally live there. The vibe of this city is too fun. We love the downtown area with the restaurants and bars, cool galleries and fun shops. I knew Todd and my Mom would love it - only bummer is we went overnight and to really see Asheville, you need to stay longer. The Biltmore is a full day event. Then the shops and galleries are another day event. We missed out on having that second day for the shops and galleries but I promised my Mom we'd be back. What an easy promise to keep. Asheville is the best!
When we got home, I spent the day with my Monkey. We went to the park so Daddy could see her swing (and it was 60 degrees or something crazy warm on Sunday. see, it was nice in CLT this weekend:). Then we made a family Harris Teeter run and then hunkered down for the night. I was pretty pooped from Asheville (I swear the Biltmore killed me. It's so enormous. I was exhausted!) so I crashed pretty early. And Mike was tired from watching the Monkey so really, when Eloise went down at 7pm, the Vails called it a night.
Great weekend had by all! Happy birthday, Mommy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment