This is in regards to night time sleep. No, naps haven't changed. I'll get an occasional 1 hour nap out of her but things are still pretty "standard Eloise" around here. But for the night time, this is what I've discovered. The last two nights I've left Eloise's room without the night light on (used back when I fed her in the middle of the night and I just got in the habit of leaving it on for her) but instead with the "Twilight Ladybug" (a gift given to us awhile ago and we never used until now). The Ladybug stays on for 45 minutes then clicks off but most often, Eloise is asleep within minutes so she's not really star gazing. Point being, I'm leaving her room completely pitch black at night now and for the past 2 nights she's slept for 12 hours and 15 minutes and 12 hours, respectively. Big win! She was sleeping 11 or 11 and 1/2 before so not earth shattering but in the morning, that extra 30-45 minutes seems like eons so I'll take it!
Some other tid bits that are on my mind. My neighbor told me about a Charleston-based traveling childrens photographer, Dubose Blakeney, that I wanted to share. Check out his web site. He has a very unique style. His prices are not listed here but she said it was very reasonable. You can click on his calendar and see when he's in the area.
Also, game on for finding a landscaper to help this pathetic yard we have. I've refrained from complaining on the blog but let's just say, the "do it ourselves" method did not net the results I was looking for. Our yard was trampled on repeatedly creating ankle breaking divots (the last of the construction crew really did a number on the front yard). The seed thrown down was all weeds and the garden areas have bad soil and do not properly drain water. All combined, the front yard is driving me closer and closer towards insanity daily and since it's now beyond my ability to change or improve, professional services are being called in. I'm getting quotes over the next few weeks to see what the damage is. Hopefully it'll be something we can bump up on the priority list around here. Stay tuned.
Oh and Mike and I are getting our taxes done this morning. This ought to be quite interesting. Fingers crossed on this "work for yourself" gig I thought was such a super idea before. (not thinking that will be the case any longer. boo.)


0 comments:
Post a Comment