This week was full of food, food and more food. I had Eloise trying all sorts of new stuff. I already mentioned goulash - big hit. This led me into giving her shredded mozzarella cheese - another big hit. The mozz was also a good exercise in dexterity as she was puzzled with what the deal was with different shapes and sizes of the shreds. After the shredded mozz, she tried toast with melted cheese on top - again, big hit. And last, she had a quesadilla. She was also digging the quesadilla. It was like one big cheese week around here. (6 cheese blend from the goulash, shredded mozz and then a mild cheddar for the quesadilla) It didn't throw her off in the #2 department either, thankfully. And she's exploring more "real food", which I'm a fan of.
She's still drinking about 25oz of breast milk a day and that should continue at that pace (according to the Dr.) but I can fill her meal times with whatever "people food" and baby food as I feel comfortable giving her. The Dr. offered up some suggestions and told me to go at my own pace as there are some food items that I'm just not sure she's ready for yet because of choking hazzards (maybe it's me that's not ready). Next, we're going to try mac and cheese and a veggie mix that typically goes in soups (okra, carrots, corn, etc. - i need to look these up and make sure they are all safe for her). Also, maybe we're ready for grilled cheese. And Mike is making beef stew sometime this weekend so we're going to it a try with the Monkey. Our little carnivore.
Andrea, Doug and Brody are in CLT this weekend visiting family so the Monkey and I got to see them yesterday evening. We met up at McKenzie's lacrosse game in Weddington and had a really good time. Per usual, it took the Monkey a little while to take in the scene and then she was off to the races. This time, she was bound and determined to get her little mits around an old irrigation system tube that was clearly garbage. (mom of the year) She'd crawl over, I'd pull her back, she'd go back over, repeat, repeat, repeat. Also, while we were all watching the game, she crawled over to the fence and pulled herself right up to standing and checked it out with us. Very cute. Andrea got pics and I'll post them when I get them.
Today is another busy day. Mommy must get her toes done as soon as the nail place opens promptly at 9am.I might go up there now to help them set up. I'm desperate. It's beautiful outside and my toes look horrendous. Then at 11am we have a "1 and under" playdate here in the neighborhood. At 2pm is Lily's 1st birthday party at Jen and Ryan's. And last but not least, if the Monkey naps well today and isn't ready to pass out, we're going to try and head down to see Andrea, Doug and Brody again. That requires the pack-n-play and putting her to sleep someplace else, which we haven't done in months. We'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed.
....Oh and the Proctor baby shower date is set! (lots on my mind right now) We're having a couples cocktail party baby shower on May 15 in RDU. And I'm very excited! They are expecting twins in July and I for one, CAN'T WAIT!!! So for the shower, I stole the idea of a cocktail party baby shower from something I had seen at home. What a fun idea! And a for a couple's shower, such a great way to get the guys to be included and not cheese it out with all girly stuff. No "smell the poopy diaper" baby games or "guess which kind of nasty baby food this is" tricks. Instead, we're going to have a fun evening with great people, great food, some yummy drinks and celebrate the upcoming arrival of 2 beautiful nuggets!
I also bring up the shower because we are talking about leaving the Monkey here in CLT overnight with her sitter. This would be a first. I'd love to bring her but I'm hosting the shower with 2 others and that means as soon as we get to Raleigh, it's going to be crazy getting things ready. I talked to the baby whisperer about it and she's available and will definitely watch the Monkey if we are interested. (and she doesn't charge by the hour - rather, one flat rate. score!) As far as noise factor and her getting to sleep where she's familiar and her usual routine, staying in CLT is better for Eloise. But of course I'd love to have her with us. I don't know. I'm leaning towards leaving her here. We'll be gone for like 26 hours so honestly, this shouldn't be that big of a deal. But I'll miss the Monk. Ok, stay tuned here.
Finally - pictures! Hhere are some that I took this week at the park. The weather in CLT has been getting better by the day and so we had to take advantage of it with many Bob runs (we ran 5 days in a row - 26 miles with the Monkey this week!), and many trips to the park. Ahhhh, CLT in the spring time. It's beautiful!
And here are a few other cute shots from our afternoon at the park. I like when she gets all oragami with her legs.
**Super cute "E" shirt coutesy of Oh Bay Bee on Etsy.com. Check out more cute stuff here.


0 comments:
Post a Comment