Monday, March 29, 2010

Tooth number 3

Another tooth popped through this weekend for the Monkey. I believe it's called a canine. It's on the top and it's not one of the middle two but sits right beside one of those middle two. Tooth status - nearly 3 teeth at nearly 10 months.

And it's official, she has developed her second cold, which means she's a serious nose drain and is acting quite fussy. This may explain why we had to bail from the park during our playdate on Saturday and also during yesterday's hockey game. Poor Monkey.  And, I've decided we will not attend today's nursing home visit with the neighborhood kids. I'm pretty bummed about it but hopefully it'll be a good time and they'll schedule another.  I thought it was a bad idea to get Eloise and her germs around the other babies and then of course, around the seniors.  But what a great idea that one of the local moms thought of - bring the babies into see some of the patients in a nursing home. Eloise might meet another Eloise! I hope there is a next time.

We have some errands to run today per the Monkey's status. I need to get another noise machine for her room. Hers has all of a sudden cranked up a level and is really loud. Even though it's on the same low setting.  Weird. And to be honest, hers (even when working) was too loud in my opinion so I'm going to try and find a quiter one at Target. I'd like to break her of this habit all together (another bad habit that I created) and so during naps this week, we're going to leave it off maybe every other nap and see how she does. As of this very second, it's off and she's sleeping just fine.  The true test will be garbage day on Wednesday morning.

Also, I have some jeans to drop off at the seamstress for patches. I found the place to take jeans that are still in perfectly good condition but have a tear that is about to take off unless it's patched.  Anna's Alterations on Park Road is money. They do a really great job.

We'll do all of the above and also go running based on how the Monkey is doing. Oh and before I forget, here is her new favorite book - Tarzan - Me and You. It's super cute. Thanks Grammie Judy!

Mike is gone until Friday and Grandpa and Grandma Vail are coming for Easter Weekend. I'm planning an egg hunt for the back yard! (although there are several egg hunts we could go to - I'm contemplating whether that's a good idea since she's got a serious disadvantage over the other kids - she's a crawler, not a walker (scares me that she'd get trampled.). oh and also, she doesn't really "get" finding eggs to score some sweet goodies inside. might be best to rig my own egg hunt in the backyard and have it all to Eloise. stay tuned here...)

If you're lucky, maybe you'll see a snotty pic of the Monkey later today:) Have a good Monday!

Photobucket

0 comments: