Thursday, March 4, 2010

The rest of the list

I want to get this list jotted down and thrown away - all before I lose it or lose my mind, whichever comes first. I have been meaning to talk about the growth spurt I think this Monkey is currently going through. She's eating like a mad woman. It's to the point where if I sign "eat" or say, "do you want a bottle", she freaks out. It even happened today at ImaginOn. (the Monkey and I created our own playdate at the library.) She was in the middle of playing with a toy and I could tell she was getting a little fussy but thought maybe it was because the toy was slightly out of reach. Then I went ahead and dropped the "do you want a bottle?" and she blew right into a full on fuss face meltdown. Nearly zero forewarning. I'm just glad that I guessed it and had a bottle. Next time I know not to mention the "b" word and rather, get it ready on the sly and then feed her when I'm done. Luckily there was only one other nugget around at that point so we didn't disturb the other patrons.

Also, does anyone else have a baby that sounds like the car from The Jetsons? (you'll hear it in the link) Eloise makes this noise all day long and with it comes a constant stream of drool. It's pretty cute and so I often join in the fun but, I'll tell you, she's got some special skills because I can't exactly figure out how she is doing it so I imitate as best as I can and we go back and forth copying each other.

From music class I've officially copied the scarf idea and put together a bag of my own for Eloise to play with. Pics to come here. We play hide and seek, I completely cover her in them and she unburies herself, and she also likes to rub on the tags, of course. Inexpensive, fun activity using something I already had around the house. Right up my alley.

The Monkey turns 9 months next Thursday. Honestly, I can not believe it. Everyone says time flies by, your baby will grow like a weed, you won't believe how fast it goes, yada yada but now that I'm living it, I'm stunned. It's amazing how fast she has grown and how quickly time has gone by. I can't keep up!  Next Friday we have the 9 mo. Drs appt so I'll be sure to get the stats up here. Oh, the day before, on her 9 month mark - we meet with Jen and Christ Hunt for an Eloise photoshoot. (can you see the pattern here - we have Chris and Jen for 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months then I will stop with this photo obsession. well, maybe I will.)

Per usual, I'm very excited about getting more professional pics of the Monkey. I'm thinking about having them taken over in Plaza Midwood near the Penguin and those fun eclectic shops and restaurants (since that's our stomping grounds). My only concern is that she's majorly crawling right now and likes to be on the move. I'm not sure there are many grassy areas over there and crawling around on pavement is obviously not the best mom of the year idea. I'll figure something out. My main goal is to get us somewhere other than this house. No more pictures with "Mike's  Man Room" (i.e. falling down shed) in the background or pics on our dead grass. I'm over it. Stay tuned here.

Last from my list - appliances are a big deal around here. The Monkey is all about the oven, the refrigerator, dishwasher (she actually got into the dishwasher today but I freaked and did not take pics) and also, she enjoyes the retro silver garbage can we have. It's all about her reflection and the bright red logos. This is what she does...she follows me around the kitchen as I'm cleaning up or making breakfast or what have you, and she gets right into whatever it is I've opened. Unloaded the dishwasher today, she got into the dishwasher. Made a quick bowl of cereal, she got right into the fridge. Waiting while mommy eats said bowl of cereal, enjoys the oven reflection, etc. Here are a few appliances shots...(and, I don't know why we have peanut butter in our fridge. I don't eat it.)

 


Photobucket

0 comments: