Lolololololololololololololololol!!! Lololololololololol!! Ahhahahahhahahhahahhhahahhaha! A good laugh. We all need them from time to time. Ah yes, another nap update. What a surprise. No, it doesn't make me feel better that if you were to compare blog labels on "sleep" vs. "milestones", sleep would probably win by a landslide. (no need to check on this - it's just my theory.) So a good laugh was in order because yet again, I'm adding another blog post to the "sleep" label and rather than wring my own neck, I choose to laugh about my daughter's unique daytime sleeping skills. Let's all laugh together. No need for aggression. Let's just laugh, my friends. Aaaaaahhhhahahahahahahaa! (and on top of a good laugh, I'm also indulging in a fantastically delicious chocolate chip cookie. I deserve it.) Ah, that felt good.
But wait, before your update, let's take a brief pause and go off topic for a moment.....I've been getting Eloise quite a few board books out from the library. We bring a bag home every other story hour and return them 2 weeks later and pick out a new stash. It's been working quite well at keeping new, fun books around here to entertain both the Monkey and her mommy.
During nap time prep the other day I realized that a few of her books were using the word "wriggle." And since I just used the word "wring" in the preceeding paragraphs, it jarred my memory and I remembered the word "wriggle." (I'm liking these "wr" words.) So while reading, I thought to myself, is that pronounced "wiggle"? And what does wriggle mean? Is it "wiggle" in some olde English spelling? (am I showing my hand a little here?? go with me.)
Since I was mid-way through the book, I thought, oh that must be pronouced "wiggle". Just keep reading. So I do and I say wiggle. Thankfully my under 9 month aged audience is none the wiser. Well I just checked and it's not pronounced "wiggle". It's actually pronounced "riggle". Right, you all already know this and I'm a retard. And here's what wriggle means: to move the body or a bodily part to and fro with short writhing motions like a worm (another "wr" word. nice.) To squirm. Well, isn't that the definition of wiggle? Wiggle: to move to and fro with quick jerky or shaking motions. To jiggle. Huh. And there you have it. A board book created for a toddler taught me a word that is what I thought it was but it isn't. Who knew? Lordie.
Ok, back to the nap update....the Monkey is back on her 34 minute, multi-daily nap schedule as we speak. Bummer. Serious, serious bummer. Sigh. She'll occasional give me a 68 minute nap but all in all, this girl is a short napper and therefore, I have zero chance at a schedule around here. I've had high hopes of forcing the 9am/1pm dream schedule (that all moms in the universe have except me) but it never works because it's difficult stretching her to 9am and if I do, I'll still net the same results - a 34 minute nap. Then the idea of stretching her again to 1pm, forget it. After her short nap, she's done within 90-120 minutes and then I have to put her down again. I can't wait 3 hours. That's nearing baby armageddon. So the nap situation continues. I do repeat sayings in my head over and over again just to try and keep myself sane such as, "I'm ok with my terrible daytime sleeper. Thank god she's so awesome at night. I'm not jealous of every other mother in the universe that has a great napper. I'm not jealous at all." And with that, you now have your latest Monkey nap update.
Signed,
Mom who is not jealous of every other mom in the universe.
For pictures, today I grabbed some of the Monkey playing with my shoes. She absolutely loves shoe laces (note to self - I must buy the Dressy Bessy doll for the Monkey.) She's so into shoe laces that she now follows around strangers young and old no matter where we are just so she can get her little mits on some delightfully fun shoe laces. Throw this one right into the "she doesn't care about toys yet mommy keeps buying them" category. Wait, maybe I don't buy the Dressy Bessy doll.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment