Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lots to catch up on

Ok, where do I start? I literally have a list right next to me. Remember my editorial calendar idea? Phew. Alright, here it goes....

The Monkey wants to do nothing more than stand up (with assistance) all day long. It's the cutest thing ever and I love that it makes her so happy. She crawls over to me, I put out my hands with my palms facing up and she places her hands on top of mine with her palms facing down and then she pushes those cute chub legs of hers up and then, boop - she's standing.  She'll stand like this as long as you'll help her balance. I'm unable to get a pic because obviously my hands are full but I'll have Mike get one when he gets back. And today, this standing fixation got a little more interesting as now after she's up, she looks down for a toy to reach (I usually need to help her get it or I just hand it to her) and so then she stands holding on with only one hand while she holds the toy in the other. "Look Mom, one hand!"

Also, were continuing to explore new finger foods and today she tried cheese raviolis.  She was a complete mess by the time she was done and honestly, I'm not exactly sure if she even ate any of it. But she definitely enjoyed the mess they created. Also, we've figured out a way to keep her from being a wiggle-worm in the high chair (the forewarning I was given by every other mom out there and I still got that dang high chair:). We now strap just her legs in and let her arms be free. She's held in safely with the straps and then the tray and together, it made an immediate difference. Now she has much more freedom to reach all around the tray to get what she wants and isn't so confined like she was before. Makes the entire eating experience longer and far more pleasant for all of us.

The Monkey's 2 bottom teeth came in awhile back so I've been meaning to blog about this but have forgotten. She's now brushing her teeth. Well, I brush her teeth but up until recently, she really wasn't into it. She'd let me in there, I'd scrub around and we'd go about our day. 15 seconds tops. Now she wants the toothbrush, wants to suck on it, swish it around and as of today, wanted to take it to playtime with her. I know, I know, this could be dangerous. I only let her have it for just a second. (enough time to get some pics.)

Here she is today post bath, post brush. (and notice our second play area is now in full affect - ie guest bedroom where I can quickly stash all baby stuff right into the closet when we have visitors.)


Also, a package arrived yesterday and it amused the Monkey for a good 30 minutes. Uncle Graham (or UG as his niece and nephews call him) sent Eloise the cutest sock monkey. I mean come on? Do retro toys come any cuter?  So in true Eloise fashion, she greeted the monkey with her regular welcome wagon - by putting it directly into her mouth. Afterwards she grabbed it by one of its arms and dragged it around for good while.


Then in the midst of playing, she spit up directly onto her socks (the benefits of a baby that is sitting up. spit up can sometimes only ruin a pair of socks vs. the entire costume.) so I ran into get her another pair, handed them over and this entertained her for another 30 minutes proving once again, the baby does not need any of the toys I drag in here or the wonderful presents she receives but of course, I won't stop and it's likely the gifts won't stop. Funny none the less because it didn't dawn on me until last night that she went from a sock monkey to a pair of socks. It was sock day, thank you very much. (UG - thanks so much for the sock monkey. she loves it!)


Last to comment on for today (the rest of my list will be included later in the week)....my brother is coming to CLT this weekend and together, we are taking our mom to Asheville to celebrate her birthday!! I've got tickets purchased for the Biltmore, maybe we'll also do the winery and then off to Asheville for good eats, fun bars and great shops. I'm so excited!! Happy soon-to-be birthday, Mommy!

1 comments:

Graham said...

Just like her uncle! plays for awhile and then spits up!