This weekend was competely insane. We had friends in town and so many fun things going on that we literally ran from place to place to place - nonstop on the go. And thankfully, the Monkey was a trooper for most of it. Great job Monkey!
We started off the festivities on Friday night when Eloise and I met up with Andrea, Doug and Brody who were watching McKenzie play in a lacrosse game in Weddington. I'll admit it was my first lacross game - ever. Sadly, our tiny small town in western NY did not have much past the standard soccer, football, track, etc. After the game, we got home a little late - late for the Monkey's bed time but she went down fine and got up a little later on Sat. am. Perfect.
Then on Saturday, the Monkey and I went to a neighborhood playdate. I'll likely host one of these in the near future but I wanted to check out the scene first at someone else's place. This was another activity from the Chantilly Mom's MeetUp Group and was pretty low key. The woman who hosted had moms and babies coming and going from 11am to 1pm based on nap times. We were there from 12pm-1pm, immediately following a morning nap. It was nice to meet more moms and see the cute nuggets play together. As I've said before and I'll say again, there are 1 million kids in this neighborhood. I'm still shocked by it. And the more I learn from this group, the more I realize that there is literally an underground world to my neighborhood that I was totally unaware of pre-Eloise. Tons of SAHMs and tons of babies.
Saturday afternoon was Miss Lily's 1st birthday party, which was really fun. The weather could not have been more perfect. Mid-70s and beautiful. Most of the party was outside where we all got to sing to the birthday girl while she dove into her first cake. So cute! Many cute pics to follow in one sec.
Then on Sunday, after the Monkey and I went for a run, the entire family packed up and went to Rock Hill to see Andrea, Doug and Brody again at the State Championship gymnastic meet for Maggie. (note: Andrea, Doug and Brody were in town from NY this weekend to see their nephew and neice McKenzie and Maggie compete in all of their sports. and i must say, those two kiddos are quite talented and athletic buffs at that as they were super stars in each of their respective sports!) We even got to watch a champion in the making - Maggie came home with 1st place and is now the reigning SC super star gymnast! We got home past the Monkey's bed time (again) but she was a champ and went down with no issue. And, she also got up an hour later this morning, which was a nice little treat for Mommy.
Today included more running around as we ran errands to CVS, Harris Teeter and the library to get some new books. My Harris Teeter shopping trips have gotten interesting as I'm converting our entire house over to organic. I'm reading too much about food preparation, preservatives and the like and frankly, it freaks me out. I've always wanted to make the full switch. Actually I've tried it before but didn't stick to it. But now with the Monkey here, she's my perfect excuse to keep this going. Really, aside from the cost, it makes perfect sense to me to go all organic. If you truly pay attention to what you are eating and read the labels on products, you'll die when you see all of the crazy, artificial ingredients that are added. It's disgusting. We eat this stuff. We EAT it. Anyway, I won't get going on the full blown topic of organic. The Vail household is now a convert and we're going all organic all the time. Oh, and the baby whisperer has been on me about plastic grocery bags (terrible for the environment) so we also now have a nice collection of recyclable bags that I take to the grocery store with me. If my groceries don't quite fit into the recyclable bags, then I get paper. It takes a village, I guess.
Now, pics from Lily's birthday party!


0 comments:
Post a Comment