Wednesday, June 16, 2010

1 year appt - stats

The Monkey's 1 year Drs appt was today and so I've got stats to fill you in on. Here it goes:

Weight: 21lbs 3.5oz - 55th percentile (Right on par with where she has been so sadly she's not the chunk baby I thought she was growing to be:)

Height: 29 3/4" - 70th percentile (I'm a little suspect of their measuring techniques when it comes to the Monkey's height. Pushing her head up against the wall and pulling out a yard stick just doesn't seem likely to give very accurate results. Especially with all of her hair. Was her head really up against the wall??  Anyway, if these numbers are correct, she's grown exactly 10 inches since birth.)

Head: 46 1/4 cm - 80th percentile (She now has a big melon??)

In addition to the standard measurements the Monkey had 4 shots. Yes, the dreaded MMR was a part of the mix. And come to find out the MMR is 2 shots. But actually, I'm over all of that hub-bub. The (former) Dr. who claimed the MMR shot caused autism has officially lost his license to practice medicine due to having zero scientific basis.  The Lancet completely retracted it's original story. And his claim was totally different than Jenny McCarthy's, which was about the preservative Thimerosal that is no longer even in vaccinations. But I will give the former Doc a serious A+ on creating a full blown international panic on whether or not we should all be vaccinating our children.  After his original claim, the MMR vaccine dropped to all time lows worldwide. There were even outbreaks of mumps and measles recorded, 2 diseases that had essentially been erradicated from this planet.  And that was more than a decade ago but it's a topic that still stirs up extremely heated debates today. Man alive. I'll tell you, I need to learn some new PR skills from that guy. 

Anyway, the Monkey's shots were fast but painful. She cried more than usual and it took her awhile to where I could get her clothes back on and we could leave. Poor thing. I'm a big believer in vaccinations (clearly) but wow, there are A LOT.  They handed me Eloise's vaccination registry on the way out and she's officially current on everything she should be - which totals exactly 23 shots or oral vaccinations year to date. Isn't that crazy?

After our Dr. appt we went out for a run, a steamy one at that and for the second day in a row, the Monkey slept in the stroller. That's really uncharacteristic of her but I'll say today's was 100% related to the shots. It conked her out. Other Dr appt updates - Operation Cow's Milk was approved and was fine to be introduced 2 weeks early. I'll keep weaning her from breast milk and make the full blown cow's milk transition over the next week or so and hopefully with that, not have to bad of a scene to deal with on my own behalf with drying up the ducts. And then guess what??? You won't have to hear about pumping ever again. Hip hip hoooooo ray! I'm as excited as you are. Believe me.

For pics today, I have some that I've been meaning to share of her walking. It'd be better if this was showcased in a video but like I've said before, it's impossible to get. She stops walking. Drops to her hands and knees and crawls towards me all intents and purposes of getting her little mits on that camera so she can eat it. Makes for pretty bad coverage. Sorry.  Nonetheless, here's the Monkey watching daddy and then walking towards me. As far as walking goes, she's at the point now where she walks from room to room - with her hands up for balance which you'll see in these pics - and rarely crawls. It's amazing what just a week has done for her.(The "watching Daddy" pic makes me laugh. He was outside mowing and blowing the back patio and she was mesmerized.) Oh and excuse any of the pics below that are a little blurry.


Photobucket

0 comments: