Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Correction

I need to run a correction, please. It's "Spraygrounds" not "Splashgrounds". I'm getting my Mecklenburg County water activities mixed up. We went back to the spraygrounds today and have a playdate set there for tomorrow. Can you tell it's our new favorite place? And today after we splashed around, the Monkey and I set up camp on the grass and ate snacks and watched the other kids on the playground. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon together. I really had a good time and like I said, we'll be doing this a lot this summer.

This is mildly premature but I have to jot it down on the day it happened. The Monkey is walking.  Ah!!  Ok, here's the story. As of about a week ago, she'd take 1 step and then go down on her bottom. Then a few days ago, it was 2 steps, then down on her bottom. Well today (for the Baby Whisperer so I missed it) she took 4 steps from the ottoman to the orange chair.  Then at the spraygounds all she wanted to do was walk with me holding her hands. She walked into the water circle and out, turn around, do it again, and again and again. She was a maniac! And she insisted on being on her feet with me holding her hands almost the entire time we were there. I don't know if I should say this because really, who knows, but I think she may be full blown walking soon. All of these "steps" towards the real deal seem to be coming together very quickly. Crazy.

I didn't take any pics today. Sorry! But here are some more from our spraygrounds from the other day.

 


Photobucket

0 comments: