Sunday, June 13, 2010

Komen Race, walking, talking, etc.

The Raleigh trip was fast but super fun and I give Eloise maybe a B+ for car ride behavior. We left on Friday at 6:30pm hoping she'd drink her last bottle of the day and snooze, which she did but not until 8:50pm.  The daylight was messing with her and likely I was screwing things up too because I was right beside her reading her story after story after story.  When we got to C&J's the pack-n-play was already set up and ready to go (thanks John!) so it was very easy to transport her from the car to her new beddy.  We saw each other again at 6:30am just in time to eat breakfast and head on to the Race for the Cure.  I forgot my camera but did snag these from a friend's Facebook page.

Corinna and baby Rhyan (notice the Monkey walking in the background - she's nonstop...update in one second.)


The Monkey checking out Rhyan (and I think trying to eat her hand)

A big group of ta tas Racing for the Cure

We decided to come home yesterday afternoon after the race because Mike has been traveling like a maniac and we thought it would be good to be home for Sat. night/Sunday to have a night/day to chill. Although we LOVE J&C and seriously wish we lived closer together (this praying for a mole hole idea isn't working), it really was a good decision.  We all got to bed early last night and have today to play. Mike's up at the boat getting it ready for our first Monkey ride (coming next Monday - stay tuned!), the Monkey and I have gone running and together, we're all heading to the spraygrounds later today.

Ok, walking - she's nonstop.  She'll go many, many steps, fall down on her hands, get right back up again and do it all over. She's not interested much in crawling unless she's tired or really trying to get somewhere fast. Otherwise it's walking nearly all the time. This walking thing came at us fast and furious. Like I said before, any pics, videos or updates I give you are outdated by the time I click "Publish Post" on this blog. It's crazy.  So I guess I can say, she was walking by her first birthday - give or take a week. Close enough, really.

Also, she's saying words. I feel like she's saying actually a lot more than I'm willing to share here (yet) but honestly, she's a parrot and will say certain words if I ask.  And other times, it'll be so completely random. Like I finish a book and I'll swear she just recited the last words I said. Or I'll say "night night" on my way out the door for a nap and she'll say "night night." She's now definitely barking like a dog when one walks by.  That was confirmed this weekend.  I think she's been doing this one for awhile but I didn't catch on.  I always heard her chirping away in the Bob stroller when we were running but I never paid much attention to what she was saying.  Then I heard her literally barking like a dog the other day and she was pointing like a maniac. I look up and sure enough, there's a dog.  Ok, so for words I'm willing to officially jot down. She says Daddy (of course, right?).  Can I say it's her first word?? I think so. And it's not Da Da. It's Daddy.  I thought at first it was babble. It's not. The pointing confirms everything around this place.  Also, I feel fairly confident in saying she says "night night" and knows exactly what it is.  Others I'm keeping to myself for now because I'm not sure yet if it's babble or if she knows what she's doing. But I will say, she's trying to talk like the dickins.  (yes, I know she has "paid by the word" talking genes and this will come at me 10-fold.) She's nonstop with her yammer and talking and it's too hilarious to listen to and play along with. "Monkey, jiggy jiggy jiggy."  And she babbles "jiggy jiggy jiggy."  "Monkey, what's a doggy sound like?"  "Ruff ruff ruff."  So cute!

After our run today we spent quite a bit of time outside. If Eloise had her choice, she'd spend every waking second outside. She loves it out there.  Lately she's into rocks. We've moved on from mulch. Now rocks are a big deal. So we got her bucket from the water table and filled it with rocks and she carried them around. Dumped the bucket, refilled it, etc. This was a good 30 minute long project that she really enjoyed.

Photobucket

0 comments: