Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jog stroller racing debut

I've been searching high and low for a local road race that allows jog strollers and I've finally found it - Summer Breeze 5K - being held this Saturday. Start time is 7:30am and the Monkey and I will be there lined up and ready to go. I'm so excited! Mike's out of town this weekend - working, if you can believe it (sigh) - and so I've been thinking of some things the Monkey and I can do to pass the time.  This race will be the first on our activities list.  We're heading to the local Run For Your Life store today to pay our admittance fee and get signed up.  Do they issue Monkey sized race tees? Stay tuned! Oh and I guess I'll publish my race time on here but let me preface by saying, I chucked my Timex many months ago.  The Monkey and I definitely go for distance not time so I can only guess what our clocked race speed will be. It makes me laugh actually.  Let's put it this way, we're going to run this race because it'll be something fun that we can do together. (and we'll both be up around 6am on Saturday morning so why not??) We'll split post race and not be sticking around for the awards ceremony. They'll be no reason to. Lol! 

Photobucket

0 comments: