Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Walking update

The Monkey's walking calisthenics have paid off. She's improving daily and is at the point now where she acutally chooses to walk vs. crawl. I was trying to think of the break down of walk vs. crawl on a daily basis and my guess is she's 30% walking 70% crawling at this point. That sounds about right. She's nearing 40/60 though quickly. The furthest I've seen her walk (on her own with no assistance) is maybe 6 feet. About 10 - 12 steps total then she falls to her bottom. If I hold both of her hands, she'll walk all day and if I hold just one hand, she can go even further than the 10-12 feet. She's spending quite a bit of time practicing with her stroller. She's about running with that thing now (and corners it like it's on rails! she's quite the turn master these days. no longer will she get into a corner and holler for help.). Then she stops using the stroller, squats down, pushes herself up to standing and just starts walking. It's totally crazy. And the video I have to show you already seems outdated. It was from Sunday. Now that it's Tuesday, she's already walking much further on her own. She's balancing better and acutally choosing to walk on her own with no coercion from her parents. Just in two days! I'll of course show the video nonetheless but I need to get more. Mike's out of town so it's not as easy to get. She's still obsessed with the camera and wants to dive at it and eat it. Therefore solo video-ing is nearly impossible around here. I'll try again tomorrow.  Also tomorrow (nice segue, huh?), I plan on having a post totally dedicated to cars, trucks, tractors and trains. This girl can't get enough! Stay tuned.

Photobucket

0 comments: