For some reason I'm on this inspiration kick. It may have been the result of watching "Bethenny Getting Married" last week and loving her picture wall (and immediately wanting to dash out and copy it). Or maybe it was finally catching up on "Design Star" from Sunday night with the "White Box Challenge." But really, there are things other than reality TV that inspire me, of course. Although I will say, I do have a few guilty pleasures when it comes to TV and now you know what they are. (throw in a few Real Housewives into the mix and that's it. I'm guilty and I'm pleasured.)
Now really - what inspires me? From the Design Star episode, the challenge was to explain to your partner what inspires you and then they were to create a bedroom from a "white box." (purely white room, white walls, white floor, white bed, etc.) And so I got thinking. First - how would I explain what truly inspires me to someone else? How would they then interpret it and finally, what would my room ultimately look like? Hmmmm..... This makes for an interesting self-induced time out session with just me, myself and I.
What inspires me? Runners totally inspire me. If Mike and I are driving around and I see runners, I immediately want to go running. Like stop the car, let me out, I'm going running with these people. Obsessed. I know. How would that look in a room? Lol. Who knows.
Ok, what else?? Great photographs inspire me. I love seeing great photography. I love displaying it and looking at it. I love the memories they capture and the silly or sad or loving or messy faces and places they highlight. I love looking at the colors and the vibrancy. The motion or the stillness. I love how for one moment in time a button was clicked and photograph was produced. I wish I took great photography but that'll require a few brave steps into the world of "manual" that I've not yet taken. So for now, I'll stick to being outside with great light and that fancy "auto" button submerged:).
A great story inspires me. Maybe it's my inner story teller coming out. (and thankfully why I'm glad I found the world of PR.) Sitting and listening to someone share "their story" really gets me jazzed. And if I'm lucky enough (and promise to tell the story as well as they did), they'll allow me to share it with others. I want to know what makes a person tick. Or why a business came to be. Why did a person choose to make one decision vs. another and what was the result? Were you just born this completely awesome or did your awesome-ness develop over time? Please....indulge me!
Work aside, good stories are what makes for fantastic times with friends and family. There isn't a lot that I enjoy more than catching up with Mike when he gets home from work. What kind of craziness did he encounter all day? Or, when I get the chance to enjoy a cup of coffee with a close friend and catch up on something that happened in their life. "So get this....the other day...." You get my point:)
Now pull this all together and imagine what that would actually look like and then transform a blank white space for me (with a little help from a reality TV show design contestant). I'm probably a little too literal so I won't even share my thoughts. But maybe Corinna or one of my creative friends can invent some kind of computer program that allows us to drop in these said items and poof, out comes a beautiful room made just for moi. Did I just come up with a fun invention? Ok, maybe just fun for me:)
More from me later today as it relates to the Monkey. My morning is filled with finding inspiration (hence this post) as I try to come up with a blog post for a home health care client and then, craft a media pitch for the NYTimes about adult day care. Send good vibes my way because clearly I need them.
Toodles.


0 comments:
Post a Comment