Thursday, June 10, 2010

Only a short post for tonight

I'm tired. So only a short post for this evening. I really don't have too much to update you on but do have a lot on my mind so I'm going to take it easy, pump early and go to bed early.  Speaking of pumping and Operation Cow's Milk....things are going much better than expected. I'm at the point where I use 4-5oz of breast milk per bottle and fill the rest with Vitamin D whole milk. And the Monkey is pleased as punch. Perfecto.  Tomorrow I may even slim that down to 4oz of breast milk. Or maybe I'll just keep her here until we have our first year Dr. appt on 6/16.  Operation Cow's Milk has been self induced so I'd like to not get my hand slapped for bringing another beverage into the fold 2 weeks early (I believe they recommend cow's milk no earlier than 12 months).  Of course, I wouldn't have done it if I honestly thought harm was being done. And really she likes it.  Hey Mikey, he likes it!

Anyway, she'll stay on some breastmilk (and I'll pump - between 2 - 3 times per day depending on when I run and how many miles I run adds another pump session to the day. I'm sure you can understand why.) until 6/16 when we see the Dr. I'm very curious to see where she nets out on the scale. She's a sturdy little thing. Her chunk legs are my most favorite part and she's a great eater so I'm curious to see if she's remained my 50% baby or if she's moving on up.

Tomorrow is Eloise's first birthday and although we already celebrated with her barnyard bash, I have a few presents for her to open. Mike gets back in the afternoon so I'm going to wait until he gets home. I was thinking maybe I'd get her a tee-tiny Harris Teeter cake but maybe not. We are heading to Raleigh around 6pm so I'm not sure giving her cake is the best idea.  I'm actually hoping she conks out in the car around 6:30pm or 7pm, per her usual bed time. We'll see. Always an adventure when a car trip is involved. Oh and I'm totally not packed for the weekend. Like not one stitch. Which means the Monkey is not packed yet either. Ah! I'll deal with it tomorrow. The Monkey and I had a long, VERY hot run today and I'm pooped. Time to hit the hay.

Have a great night!  (and get ready for an entire year worth of "orange chair" pics tomorrow. our Monkey is all grown up!)

Photobucket

0 comments: