Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Natural disaster

Hurricane season is upon us. The names for 2010 have been released. And for some reason, I didn't see Eloise on the list.  Despite her lack of recognition on an international weather level, I'll say Eloise hit the shores of the Vail household today and wasn't letting up. She destroyed all in her path with unbearable force and clean up took hours. What's that you ask??  Hurricane Eloise?  Ah yeah, that's what I'm going to forever call the incident I walked into post morning nap today when I opened the door and was greeted by a thick wall of poop smell. Seriously, it was unlike any amount of poop stench I've ever smelled out of this one.  And don't think that all of this poop was contained in her diaper. Oh no.  Hurricane Eloise whipped through and removed her own diaper and pooped all over every single surface available in her crib, which includes the sheet, mattress pad, blanket, crib rails, teething bumper guard, 2 stuff animal dogs, taggie lovey, the Monkey lovey, her shirt, socks, bare bum, legs, arms, hands, back, tummy and even the thumb she was sucking (while snuggled up to a poop covered Monkey lovey.)  Take my word for it....it was a storm of epic proportions. Serious mass distruction.  Casualties are still being counted. As of now, we've lost a pair of socks. Everything else is being washed for the 2nd time on hot water with Tide and Oxy Clean.

As the first on the scene, I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I would never be one you'd select for an "emergency preparedness" team. The stench was unreal. There was literally poop everywhere.  I'm a pinch haunted by the entire experience, really.  But alas, I scooped up my poop machine and dashed her into the bathroom. I peeled off her soaked shirt and socks, ran her under warm water in the sink and then straight into the tub she went.  This was all accomplished by 10:30am.  Hurricane Eloise hit land around 10:15am. She destroyed her room in about 2 minutes flat and then off she went.  Wow. Honestly, it was a storm of such magnitude that we've never seen anything like this before at the Vail household.

My only take-away from the entire experience is to never let Eloise sleep in just a diaper and a t-shirt ever again.  If she had pants or shorts on - lord, even a onesie - it would have been much more difficult for her to remove that diaper.  Major rookie mistake. Major. On a brighter (better smelling) note, you'll hear more later from me including some "Little Bunny Foo Foo" shots.

Photobucket

0 comments: