Saturday, October 24, 2009

5-star day

According to today's paper, Capricorns (Allison), Geminis (Monkey) and Virgos (Mike) are all to have a 5-star day. I don't pay much attention to horoscopes but I do get the weekend paper so I will admit, I always cruise by that page to see what it says for the three of us. If it's good, I love it. If it's bad, I ignore it. Perfect.

Since I read the paper at roughly 8:30 this morning, that was early enough for me to think, we have to do something fun today - it's going to be a great day! What should we do??  Well, sleep training continues so leaving the house isn't the wisest idea. Why don't we cook delicious snacks, and watch the DVRed season finale of Real Housewives of Atlanta, and then go for a run (maybe we even bust out the Bob stroller and see if the Monkey can go for a run with me!), and who's playing who in college football today? So many options.

Mike's on his way out the door heading to Trader Joes to get our snack list purchased. He continues to do all of the grocery shopping post baby. I'm not a total slacker but I will admit, I'm not brave enough to bring the Monkey along for a full grocery store run and on top of that, Mike actually enjoys food shopping - imagine that? I'd rather poke my eye out than go to the grocery store. Cooking - I love. Food shopping - agh. I'll pass. On top of all of this, we have a relatively new Trader Joes in the neighborhood and Mike loves it.  He claims it's cheaper and that they have a totally different (and better in his opin.) selection of food than we're used too. Perfect.

What's on the snack menu this weekend at the Vail household? Tonight we're going to have beef stew and rolls and then for dessert, gingerbread cake with cool whip. Yum. Then tomorrow, we're making homemade lasagna. Delish!

Update on yesterday's lunch outing - it went really well. Believe it or not, I did not have to sing Old McDonald on our way to Southpark. Maybe our car rides are getting better? It takes a village. Also, during lunch the Monkey was great. She hung out, fuss-free the entire time. Love it!

Oh, before I forget, I watched The Proposal this week when Mike was out of town and I totally recommend it. I laughed out loud quite a few times and Ryan Reynolds is so super cute. Very funny movie. It's a tinge on the chic-flick side of things but I think Mike would have thought it was funny. Head out to the Red Box or get it at the library (Judy brought it over!). It's worth renting.

And last, but certainly not least, here's the Monkey playing with her ball this morning.







1 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! I really wanna see that movie I am glad it's getting good reviews! The monkey is so cute in "the bob", yay for running!