Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's update

Today the Monkey and I are heading to lunch to meet up with a friend and her two little nuggets. In preparation, I'm trying to perfectly map out our morning naps so that she's a fuss-free baby during our outing. So far, we're doing well. Good recipe = 2 good morning naps + one 'Old MacDonald' filled drive over to Southpark and we'll be in business.

We've got one nap down already this morning and it included very little crying (6 minutes). In general, sleep training is going very well and she continues to put herself to sleep over and over again, our original goal. She will still cry sometimes before she goes to sleep but thankfully, for most naps, it's only for 5-10 minutes. And that should get better with time - my hope is it'll go away all together of course.  We're 2 weeks into sleep training and so where we are today feels good. Naps are still far from perfect but we're getting much, much better (that includes both me and the Monkey).

One update about the blog that kind of annoys me - Blogspot updated their editing software for each of us users and so I began using it yesterday. It's supposed to make posting a lot easier with picture placement, links, etc. So far it's been fine (last night's post was my first with the new editing tool) but the annoying part is the line spacing. Personally, I feel single space is hard to read and the blog is single spaced right now and I can't figure out how to change it. For now, I apologize for the next few posts being difficult to read. I'm working on it. UPDATE - I just posted this and apparently line spacing has fixed itself. Great!

Off to put the Monkey down for nap number two this morning. (Looking forward to her naps lengthening!)

Happy Friday!

Pics from playtime today...




0 comments: