Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teething

The Monkey is officially teething. I actually believe she's been teething for quite some time but now I've seen enough signs where I can unequivocally say, she's teething. It's official.

Everything has been going to her mouth for awhile. On top of this, she's been a drool machine for weeks. (literally every picture of her on here has a nice stream of drool sliding down her chin and onto her clothes.) And if you offer her a finger to gnaw on, watch out. It really hurts.

Now today she had her first diarrhea diaper and although doing really well in the nap department, she's been popping awake after about 10 minutes, been very fussy and then resettling herself after sucking on her hand. So she's basically doing double time on putting herself to sleep, which is a good thing, but the poor little girl is telling me she's in pain.

So the teething remedies are in full effect at the Vail household. She has what seems like a million teether toys so those are at her disposal. She doesn't care for them too much (meaning the ones that you chill in the fridge - they all seem too big for her mouth - weird that they wouldn't have smaller ones. she loves the Sophie giraffe though.) so we've resorted to a cool wet wash cloth. She'll chew on it and the coolness is supposed to help her dull the pain. (one other teether toy that was unsuccessful for Eloise but other babies may like - RazBaby RazBerry. it seems like a perfect teether toy but Eloise isn't into pacifiers so this one didn't work for her.)

In addition, I was told about Hylands teething tablets (need to make a Target trip ASAP) and in the meantime, I gave her a 1/2 dose of Tylenol to try and give her some relief.

As a tribute to her teething, here's a collection of Monkey drool pics....(you can click on each pic and make it bigger if you want to get right into the slime-fest.)








Oh and a running update - the Monkey and I went for 6 miles yesterday and she was fine the entire time. I glanced in on her a few times and she was enjoying a nap. (again - motion naps are ok at the Vail household:)

Today, it's a rainy mess so we're taking the day off. Even though the Bob does come with an inclement weather shield, we'll pass. Tomorrow is supposed to be much better so it's worth the wait. And I'm already looking into local races for us to do. Just a 5k here or there to give the Bob (and Eloise) a trial run. Stay tuned here...

0 comments: