Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A great day for sleep training

The weather is cold, rainy and just plain crappy today and honestly, the perfect sleep training weather. It's a perfect day to get snuggly in a crib with some warm jammies on, a few lovies and an extra thick blanket. After yesterday's disaster day, and yes - a night full of her waking up (she went down at 7:15pm and was up at 8pm and 12:30am - sigh), she is having a great nap day today. Seriously a miracle.

The nanny and I have decided to modify the Ferber method just slightly to add a few Monkey specific tricks to the training and so far, it's been working. Wow. It's much too early to know if this is it, she's a good napper, but we are at least heading in the right direction. What a relief. And I even headed out and worked from the library because I was afraid I'd hear too much crying.

Meanwhile, she's hardly cried at all. That's my girl! As promised, here is the 3-month picture frame from the pottery place. It turned out really cute. (One bizarre tip for others out there who would like to create something like this - the seal they put on these pieces of pottery stinks like smelly feet. Seriously - like fill a room with smelly feet stench. I kid not. Therefore, this frame has been living on our back porch until the stink goes away. So gross. Oh and I gave 2 of them away - each came with a disclaimer - here's the Monkey at 3-months. Sorry the frame stinks like smelly feet. Lol!)



Happy Wednesday!