Friday, October 9, 2009

Dance Party USA - and Monkey updates

Sorry - no video clip of this because we have to keep some sense of dignity around this place. Lol! Ok, here's the deal. Each night, before putting the Monkey to bed, we flip between a handful of the music channels on the cable box so that we can sing songs and dance around the house. This has become a nightly ritual as Eloise loves music, loves when people sing and also, it helps keep her awake and entertained for about an extra 30-45 minutes. (to bed by 7pm means a 7am wake up time - any earlier is brutal.)

So if you're ever wondering what we're doing each night from 6pm - 6:45pm, it's Dance Party USA at the Vails. And what's great is it doesn't seem to matter to the Monkey that I'm tone deaf and only know 1/2 of the lyrics of each song at best. She's still always a captivated audience. Love that about her.

Updates - Mike is back from Cincinnati. Cool. Here he is with Eloise last night when he got home from the airport.



In this pic, you'll see the Monkey is in her jammies - Mike got home right in the middle of last night's dance party. These are new jammies and they are a larger size. We've officially moved up to 3-6 months for most brands. Some brands are screwy like Carters. These PJs are Carters and they are 6-9 months and fit her perfectly - and she'll be 4 months old on Sunday. Rule of thumb with Carters, get the next larger size than your baby's current age. But one caveat here - if you buy Carters Organic - which are super soft and snuggly and we love - buy those by the correct age. For some reason Carters Organic fit true to size and Carters regular stuff runs really small. Weird.

Other updates, the Monkey has rolled over from her tummy to her back three times. At first I thought it was a fluke and she lost balance (or was cheating her way out of tummy time:) but after three times, I believe we can officially say she's got that task added to the bag of tricks.

Also, today starts nap time sleep training at the Vails. Wish us luck because it's not going to be pretty. I've got to get this baby to learn how to fall asleep on her own for naps. She's successfully done this a few times now but not without a pretty serious struggle. Days have been getting worse and worse on naps and it's screwing up her really great night time sleep. She's been sleeping through the night for maybe 3 weeks now but when she has a bad nap day, she has to go to bed earlier, which causes her to wake up earlier...complete domino effect. So sleep training it is. Stay tuned on that front.

A couple of other updates...the Monkey has been grabbing at her toes lately. I'm still waiting for those buggers to make it to her mouth but so far, not yet. Oh and in the 'monkey see, monkey do' category, Eloise will now stick out her tongue when I do it. Very cute. Finally, the 3-month hand/foot print frames are done so Mike is going to pick those up today. I'll get a pic up here sometime this weekend.

Sorry - one more - 4 month Drs appt is Monday morning. Lots of shots at this one - ugh. I'm going to ask about the flu shot as well. Not that I want her to get more but I think a flu shot is important. Mike and I are also getting one, so is the nanny. Let's hope they nailed the strain this year. Like they ever do - cough (literally and figuratively). I'm a sucker for the flu shot racket. Here she is in her jumperoo from earlier today...



Her favorite part of the jumperoo is the lion - here she is starring at it.



Happy Friday and weekend everyone!

0 comments: