Today Eloise and I went to the park in between her naps so I could get some pics of her in the leaves. She's such a perfect model; I just love that about her. Always letting mommy put her in new, interesting places that she's never explored before all for the sake of some photographs. Today she held leaves for the first time (of course they quickly went to her mouth so I had to dive in and make sure she didn't eat them). And she visited the park at the end of the street for the first time. Pics below.
In Friday's updates - as we celebrated yesterday, Eloise rolled over from back to tummy for the first time. Today she continues to practice, which is really cute. She's all over this roll thing. After she did this yesterday, I had to look up whether or not I needed to worry about her in the crib at night. Will she all of a sudden roll over in the middle of the night and if she does, is this something I need to be concerned about? From the sources I read, I shouldn't worry. She's got great head control if she were to roll over during the night but on top of this, for now, it's unlikely that she will do this when she's asleep.
In the nap area, Eloise continues to do much better. She's definitely got the 'falling asleep on her own' skill down. On top of this, we've got a nice nap time routine in place that effectively signals to her that it's time to wind down and get ready for 'night night' or 'nap time', as we say. The only area left that is a little kluge - but hopefully will get better - is she's still a 'short napper.'
Each time I put her down, she'll sleep for 30-45 minutes. Most often around 40 minutes. And she doesn't settle herself to sleep again. Instead she wants to get up. The short naps are fine but the bummer is, I'm constantly putting her down for a nap. Exactly 1 hour after she wakes up, she starts yawning. It's like clock-work. So when I see this, we head upstairs and do our nap time routine again. And again, and again, and again. Serious act of patience around here for all parties involved, including the baby. This is all fine and good, and we'll keep at it until her naps lengthen but the conclusion is, she's taking on average 5 naps per day for 40 minutes each. 5 naps. That's crazy.
Teething obviously continues and I've changed her to Motrin vs. Tylenol, which seems to be helping. Also, I got the Hylands teething tablets, which seem to help as well. Her teething chew toy of choice are her own hands. We've tried everything from pulling out the pacifiers from the cabinet to wet, cold wash cloths to baby carrots and nothing seems to be more soothing to her than her own hands.
Right now, running is our favorite past time. We keep using the Bob and are super excited about this addition to our daily routine. So far this week, we've run 18 miles and counting. It's so nice that she fits in there. And even better that she enjoys it. I love the opportunity to run and finally get back in shape, she likes being outside, and another awesome addition - we can collectively accomplish all of this all during the daytime. No more worrying about daylight savings time and it being dark out before or after work (former winter time complaint). No need to worry about getting a Y membership (former winter time running solution). Now we can strap in the Monkey, head out for a run between naps and we're both happy. Huge win for the Vail household.
This weekend is Halloween and we're suuuuper excited!! I'm sure it'd take you one guess as to what the Monkey is going to be this year:).
Happy Friday!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment